Release 1.9.0 Release 1.9.0 - Detection of IPs behind anonymous proxies and VPNs with WebTRC technology. With many limitations, read the details.
- Detection of IPs behind anonymous proxies and VPNs with WebTRC technology. With many limitations, read the details. Read more below.
- Added check of local IPs in the IP Ranges rule (for WebRTC-enabled schemes only;
- Added check if WebRTC supported by client browser or not in the Client Checks rule (for WebRTC-enabled schemes only)
- Handling of Weight OUTs was reworked;
- Handling of IP lists in IP Ranges rule was reworked;
- Multiple internal changes.
WebRTC is a client-side technology which allows detection of real IPs and local IPs (such as 10.0.02 or 192.168.1.30) of clients hidden behind VPNs and high-anonymous proxies. It's a new technology and at the moment it is not yet supported by some major browsers.
To turn on WebRTC check the checkbox in your scheme properties. You must enable 'Enable client checks' checkbox as well.
At the moment WebRTC works in the most recent versions of Webkit (Chrome, Opera) and Gecko-based (Firefox) browsers. IE and Safari do not support this feature without additional plugins. Real IPs of clients behind VPNs, such as OpenVPN, are detected for clients running MS Windows only.
Other OS support local IPs detection and detection of real IPs when client uses an anonymous proxy.
For the browsers which don't support WebRTC old method of IP/proxy detection will be used.
Timeout for WebRTC IP check is 2 seconds. TDS can return empty or incomplete set of client IPs when internet connection of the client is too slow.
This feature is highly experimental at the moment, use it on your own risk!
The WebRTC feature affects the following:
- detection of real IP and proxy - TDS assumes client is behind a proxy when IP detected by WebRTC is not equal to the IP detected by the standard method;
- IP Ranges rule - it is possible to check if Local IP of the client is in range of given IPs;
- Client Checks rule - it is possible to check if client supports the WebRTC technology or not;
- 3 new parameters for custom reports - __WEBRTC_LOCAL_IPS__ , __WEBRTC_PUBLIC_IPS__ and __WEBRTC_ON__